It is our endeavour to create congenial environment to encourage industrial and infrastructure development in the State of Uttar Pradesh through investment facilitation measures and assistance to entrepreneurs by working as an interface with the Government of U.P. and subsequently contribute to overall socio-economic progress of Uttar Pradesh and India.
We shall conduct our activities with transparency, accountability and swift responsiveness with a friendly and courteous approach in our interactions with persons and public, who are entrepreneurs or investors mainly.
1. Promotion of enterprises and industries including manufacturing and service sectors.
2. Contribute in policy formulation relating to industries, infrastructure and investment by involving all stakeholders in the form of public-private dialogues.
3. To function as an easily accessible bridge between the Government and Entrepreneur in order to resolve problems and impediments faced in setting or running an industry in the State.
4. Devising ways to make the investment procedures smooth, business-friendly, rational and time-bound.
5. Facilitating development of infrastructure through public private partnership.
6. Monitoring and follow-up of Industrial Entrepreneurs' Memorandum and Letters of Intent filed with Department of Industries, Government of India, to set up industrial units in the State.
7. Facilitating establishment of Special Economic Zones.
8. To function as secretariat of a high level empowered committee, formed for the promotion and development of industries and infrastructure.
9. To spread information about the facilities and incentives available to entrepreneurs in the State.
1. To function as Nodal agency for 'Single Table System' for filing applications for setting up of industrial unit at District Industries Centres and getting approvals and clearances relating to different departments at a single point in the districts all over the State.
2. As mentioned above making the doing business environment transparent and efficient is paramount for us. Towards realizing this goal, a new web-based single window facility for investors -'Nivesh Mitra' has been started. It is an online facilitative service which includes features like online submission of applications for setting up of a unit; monitoring of application status by entrepreneur as well as the departments concerned; to work as a tool for timely issuance of approvals & clearances. In the beginning, it has been decided to start this service in 18 districts of the State on pilot basis. Udyog Bandhu is nodal agency for this service.
3. A 'Help-desk' has been set up to help entrepreneurs at the office of District Industries Centre in each district of the State. Equipped with facilities like computer, scanner, printer and internet, help-desks have been set up to assist entrepreneurs in setting up of an industrial unit; to provide all the information required; help in the use of web-enabled services described above. This desk will also help entrepreneurs in resolving their problems.
4. 'Escort Services': We are the nodal agency for this extremely helpful scheme to provide escort services of specific senior government officers at different levels for the implementation of projects and industries in different categories, right from the beginning to making them functional.
Categories are: (i) District Magistrate will function as 'escort officer' for projects and enterprises with a proposed investment of Rs 1 crore to Rs 10 crore.
(ii) Proposals with investment of Rs 10 crore to Rs 25 crore will be escorted by Additional/Joint Director, Industries (Department of Industries, U.P.).
(iii) For investment proposals of above Rs 25 crore, the Infrastructure & Industrial Development Commissioner (IIDC) of Uttar Pradesh is authorised to allocate the responsibilities of an escort officer to officials from a pool of officers from U.P. Finance Corporation (UPFC), U.P. State Industrial Development Corporation (UPSIDC), Pradeshiya Industrial & Investment Corporation Ltd U.P. (PICUP) etc.
(iv) Whereas investment proposals above Rs 50 crore are to be pursued and escorted directly by the secretaries working under the Infrastructure & Industrial Development Commissioner (IIDC) of Uttar Pradesh.
LEVELS & PROCEDURE of GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL
Udyog Bandhu functions at three levels and grievance redressal of entrepreneurs relating to industries, service sector and infrastructure is one of its basic functions:
1. District level: This is the local helping hand available in all districts of Uttar Pradesh. Headed by District Magistrate, it deals with issues relating to industries falling with in a district by convening monthly meetings with entrepreneurs and addressing the problems.
2. Divisional level: This encompasses few districts and takes up issues which are either not resolved at District level or involve intervention at higher level. Here also, monthly meetings with industrialists are held under the Chairmanship of Divisional Commissioner.
3. State level Committees: State level Udyog Bandhu works through regularly organizing meetings and interactions with the entrepreneurs and specific committees have been formed to address the issues concerned.
a) High Powered Committee Meeting: The High Powered Committee meetings are held under the Chairmanship of Hon'ble Chief Minister. State level Industry Associations, Principal Secretaries and Secretaries of different departments related to Industries have been nominated as permanent members.
b) A 29 member, high-level empowered committee takes up matters relating to industrial, service sector and infrastructure development ventures on case-to-case basis where investment is Rs 50 crore or more; food processing units, electronics & information technology and biotechnology with investment of Rs 10 crore or more.
Time-bound process and resolution of application or representations are ensured. Udyog Bandhu forwards the matters to department(s) concerned with in 24 hours after receipt. Department concerned replies back with its recommendations with in 7 days and matter is put up before the empowered committee for speedy redressal.
(c) Tripartite meetings involve the entrepreneur, the government representative and Udyog Bandhu personnel in the role of facilitator to resolve the issues.
(d) Industrial associations and business bodies partake in Working group meetings to deliberate on policy issues and to resolve the problems faced at the level of various sectors.
With Infrastructure & Industrial Development Commissioner as its Ex-officio Chairman, State level Udyog Bandhu functions under his guidance and under direct administrative control of Executive Director, who is Principal Secretary, Infrastructure and Industrial Development in the Government of U.P. Here, pending operational problems of the industries and entrepreneurs are addressed on case-to-case basis as well as sector-wise issues as a matter of policy.
Entrepreneurs can approach any of the forums with their proposals, applications, representations or problems, which are taken up at appropriate level with the active involvement of all stakeholders.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE USERS
To serve our stakeholders in a result-oriented manner, we are always ready for regular interaction and communications to evaluate their problems and to find quick solutions. Towards this objective, if industrial units send information like status of implementation of their project till it commences production and suggestions for improvement of services, it will help us to offer our services more efficiently in the interest of entrepreneur as well as development of the state.
You can communicate with us over the phone, by mail, email, fax or personal visit. You can also contact us by posting query/feedback at our website (https://udyogbandhu.com).
Public Information Officer
Mrs. Sumita Kamthan
PS to Executive Director
12-C, Mall Avenue,
Lucknow-226 001. (U.P.) INDIA
Tel. No. +91-522-2237582/83
Fax No. +91-522-2237345
Mr. S.K. Singh
Visit Website of the Organisation