ONGOING PPP PROJECTS-TOURISM
1. Leasing & Management Contract of Tourism Properties
Ø The Department of Tourism, Government of Uttar Pradesh proposes to develop the properties through leasing out to private sector parties with the objective of promoting tourism, providing upgraded facilities to users, better management and unlocking of the commercial values of properties.
Ø Department has invited Request for Proposal for design, finance, development, construction, up-gradation, maintenance and management of 68 properties through Private Public Partnership.
RFP for selection of developer, has been issued on 25.10.2011. Last date of submission of RFP bid has been postponed till further order. (Click here for Notice)
Pre-bid meetings were held at :
- Uttar Pradesh Sadan, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi at 11 am on 03.11.2011.
- Conference Hall, No. 111, Yojana Bhawan, Lucknow at 11.30 am on 04.11.2011.
- Valuers for valuation of properties selected.
(Click here for RFP Document)
(Click here for Draft Agreement)
(Click here for Project Information Memorandum)
2. Kushinagar International Airport & Buddhist Circuit
- Site survey has been done by DGCA, Govt. of India on 02.09.2009 for granting NOC from Civil Aviation Ministry
- RFQ-cum-RFP being prepared by consultant for selection of developer.
VGF proposal is to be sent to Ministry of Finance, GoI for sanction.
- 32 bids were received against E.O.I. issued on 04.05.2012 after in principle approval for VGF, RFQ/RFP shall be issued.
3. Development of Passenger Ropeways
The Government of Uttar Pradesh has decided to develop Passenger Ropeways at the following three places through Public Private Partnership mode as an added attraction to the tourists :
- Radha Rani Temple (Ladlee ji Temple) in Barsana, Mathura in Braj Region
- From Ashtabhuja to Kalikhoh in Mirzapur in Vindhyachal Region
- Devangana in Chitrakut in Buldelkhand Region
- M/s UDIC, M/s UDFC, M/s Innovest Deradun (Consortium) selected as consultant and LOI issued on 16.08.2012.
- The Consultant is required to carry out the entire bidding process management for selection of developer and also to carry out the preliminary assessment of social and environment impact assessment etc.
4. Development of Waysides Public Amenities
The Government is keen to provide better facilities to road users especially clean toilets and potable drinking water and also to the tourists. In this context, Director General, Department of Tourism, Government of Uttar Pradesh has invited Expression of Interest from Private Sector Parties to develop Waysides Amenities along the major transport corridors of the State under PPP mode to achieve the following objectives :
- Providing a facility of clean and well maintained toilet and potable drinking water.
- Serving as info-gateway for tourism industry.
- Encouraging the existing establishments on Highways for maintaining high standard of Public Amenities, hygiene and sanitation.
- Encouraging ownership of tourism products by local partners and local communities
- Building greater visibility to the proposed tourist circuits and creates a positive Public image of the Partner and the Development.
- The last date of submission of EOI was fixed as 14.08.2012, wherein 75 proposals were received.
- Initially, a committee has been constituted for deliberation on 20 proposals.
For further details of EOI plese click here.
Contact: Uttar Pradesh Tourism
Rajashri Purshottam Das Tandon Paryatan Bhavan
C-13, Vipin Khand, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow (U.P.)
Tel#: 0522-2308916/2308017; FAX: 0522-2308937
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com