Under the existing pollution Control Laws, all type of industrial units, before establishing are required to seek CONSENT TO ESTABLISH (NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE) from environmental pollution angle. For this purpose Board has prescribed an application format. Industries are required to submit an application along with necessary enclosures pertaining information's like site details, proposed pollution control plans, registration certificate from Industry Department, etc. Completed application has to be submitted either to General Manager, District Industrial Center (GM, DIC) or to Member Secretary, U.P. Pollution Control Board Lucknow or to Regional Officers of U.P. Pollution Control Board. In order to simplify the process of Obtaining Consent to Establish (NOC), the Board has decentralized the power of issuance of this certificate and has delegated to G.M, DIC and Regional officer, UPPCB.
(A) 221 TYPE OF SMALL SCALE NON- POLLUTING INDUSTRY
Board has exempted 221 types of small scale non-polluting industry vide its notification GO 2169/37/arf/97dated 3.6.97 and GO 8581/2000/software industry dated 28-06-2000 form seeking consent To Establish (NOC). These type of Industries have to seek the registration/consent to establish (NOC) from G.M, DIC.
(B) 27 CATEGORY OF INDUSTRY
Following 27 category of industries are required to seek consent to establish (NOC) before establishing the industrial unit from Member secretary, UPPCB, Lucknow. These industries have to fill all necessary information given application form. The consent to Establish (NOC) is issued by Board's Head Office, within ninety days after inspection and recommendation from concerned Regional officer.
27 CATEGORY OF LARGE SCALE INDUSTRY
1. Fertilizer (Nitrogen/Phosphate)
4. Fermentation and distillery
7. Thermal power
8. Oil refinery
9. Sulphuric acid
11. Copper smelter
12. Zinc smelter
13. Iron and steel
14. Pulp and paper
15. Dye and dye intermediates
16. Pesticide manufacturing and formulation
17. Basic Drugs and Pharmaceuticals
18. Textile industries (cotton, woolen, synthetics, including bleaching and dyeing process)
19. Manufacture of edible vegetable oil and non edible oil.
20. Manufacture of glass and glass products, involving use of fossil and liquid fuel.
22. Electroplating Industries and galvanizing process industries
23. Ceramic industry.
24. Synthetic rubber
25. Chlorinated Hydro carbon (including paraffin wax)
26. Manufacture of acid and alkaline
27. Chemical industries (including manufacture chlorine, bromine, fluorine, and its compound).
(C) 29 CATEGORY OF INDUSTRY IDENTIFIED AS REQUIRING ENVIRONMENTAL
CLEARANCE UNDER EP ACT ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT
The Ministry of Environment & Forest, Govt, of India, has identified following 29 type of industries which are required to submit environmental impact assessment report. Before issuance of consent to establish for these type of industries, State Board is required to conduct the environmental public Hearing. Based on the public hearing report, state board issues NOC for site clearance, then Ministry of Environment & Forest, Govt. of India issues final environmental clearance.
LIST OF PROJECTS REQUIRING ENVIRONMENTAL CLEARANCE FROM THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT
1. Nuclear Power and related projects such as Heavy water Plants, nuclear fuel complex, rare earths.
2. River valley projects including hydel power, major irrigation and their combination including flood control.
3. Ports, Harbors, Airports (except minor ports and harbors).
4. Petroleum Refineries including crude and product pipelines.
5. Chemical Fertilizers (Nitrogenous and Phosphatic other than single superphospate).
6. Pesticides (Technical).
7. Petrochemical complexes (Both Olefinic and Aromatic) and Petro-chemical intermediates such as DMT, Carprolactam, LAB etc. and production of basic plastics such as LDPE, HDPE, PP, PVC.
8. Bulk drugs and Pharmaceuticals.
9. Exploration for oil and gas and their production transportation and storage.
10. Synthetic Rubber.
11. Asbestos and Asbestos products.
12. Hydrocyanic acid and its derivatives.
13. (a) Primary metallurgical industries (such as production of Iron and Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Zinc, Lead and Ferro Alloys).
14. Chlor-alkali industry.
15. Integrated paint complex including manufacture of resins and basic raw materials required in the manufacture of paints.
16. Viscose staple fiber and filament yarn.
17. Storage batteries integrated with manufacture of oxides of lead and lead antimony alloy.
18. All tourism projects between 200m-500 meters of High tide line or at locations with and elevation of more than 1000 meters with investment of more than Rs. 5 crores.
19. Thermal Power plants.
20. Mining projects (major minerals) with leases more than 5 hectares.
21. Highway projects.
22. Tarred Roads in Himalayas and/or Forest areas.
24. Raw skins and hides.
25. Pulp, paper and newsprint.
28. Foundries (individual)
NOTE : Refer notification "The Environmental Impact Assessment Notification, 1994".
27, January, 1994 Amended on 04-05-1994.
(D) INDUSTRIES ARE ALSO REQUIRED TO SEEK CONSENT TO ESTABLISH (NOC)
Industries are also required to seek consent to establish (NOC) before estabilishing the industrial unit from member secretary, UPPCB, Lucknow.
1. Slaughter house.
2. Meat processing unit.
3. Dairy (Milk processing 150 kl/day).
4. Bone mill.
5. Food & vegetable processing.
6. Detergent (where chemical processing is done)
7. Stone chushers.
(E) CONSENT TO ESTABLISH (NOC) ISSUED BY REGIONAL OFFICE
All industries other than 221 category (GM, DIC), 27 category (Head Quarter, UPPCB), 029 category (Public Hearing) and 7 categories of industies mentioned at point (D) are required to seek consent to establish from Regional offices of UPPCB. These industries are of small scale size and non polluting in nature get consent to establish from Regional Offices of this Board within a months time.
For more information visit :-http://www.uppcb.com